Monday, August 2, 2010

Nour Attieh
















Biography:

Hello! My name is Nour, a Master’s student in Financial Economics at the American University of Beirut, Lebanon. I’m an energetic person who always tries to find positive aspects in every situation and make the best of it.  I have interests in various fields other than my major, to name a few: political science, media, social work, environmental issues… I’m involved with many organizations that deal with children and youth which allows me to spread the word and improve conditions for the community.
My tasks in these organizations include an activity which I adore: Directing and acting in plays. It also helps me meet more people and therefore form a clearer vision of life. I love classical music, hiking, and camping.
Being an economist is never an easy task since it deals with human behavior which cannot predicted like exact sciences. I therefore aim at constructing a significant set of skills and knowledge as well as social connections around the world during my stay in Salzburg in order to broaden my horizons and vividly interact with students and faculty members from different backgrounds and cultures, sharing thoughts on stimulating topics.

Facebook Virginity story:

By 2007, I was getting all those invitations to several social media websites and I had tried several and found them all the same so I stopped creating new ones. Then a friend travelling outside invited me to facebook saying this is different, this is the next hot thing catching up in Lebanon and everyone is using it to stay in touch. Thus I created a profile which didn’t even have a picture at the beginning. Now I’m a regular user. Facebook invaded me.

No comments:

Post a Comment