Monday, August 2, 2010

Rubina Dewan
















 Biography:

Hello, my name is Rubina Dewan and I am currently pursuing a Master’s degree in multimedia journalism at Bournemouth University, U.K.
It has been a fairly intensive year at the University and I feel like I have learnt a lot of necessary skills to go out into the world as a confident journalist. Besides fulfilling the academic requirements of the course, I also actively follow the developments in the technical aspect of media creation.
Having worked as a producer/anchor at Nepal’s biggest commercial channel, Kantipur Television, I identify with television as my most preferred mode of journalism. However, learning radio and online journalism at university has been an eye-opening experience and I am much more open to multi-platform journalism now.
I am interested in a wide range of issues including politics, environment, entertainment and sports.
I look forward to attending the Salzburg Academy to further my horizons and meeting a lot of interesting people from all over the world.

Facebook Virginity story: 


I was flirting witha couple of other social media websites before facebook came along.I had profiles in a lot of sites like Myspace, Bebo, Hi5 and  Orkut. Some friends were on some websites while some were on others - it was slightly difficult to get them all to agree on which one was best.Then one day in 2006, my friend Mark sent me an invitation to facebook. I let it sit on my inbox for days, unclicked. I eventually gave in and signed up, not knowing what to expect. Filled oout the mandatory details and sent out invitations to other friends. As more and more friends signed up, I began to quite like the layout and the accesability of the website. It was a lot easier to stay in touch with long-lost friends after that. I liked it so much that I actively advocated signing up to facebook to my friends and became a facebooker for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment